It’s been a week since #thebestweekendever at the First Annual Chicago Open Air. I was going to write a huge Recap post of Day 1, 2, & 3, but instead I’ll post some movies I made using Magisto and mention a few of the random highlights.
- The dude gettin’ it hardcore during Drowning Pool…about that Metal hair man.
- Watching Butcher Babies’ “The Climb of Life“…Jesus Needs More Babies For His Little War Machine, afterall…
- Maria Brink’s costumes <3 <3 <3
- Kuma’s Corner…The Zeppelin burger…ermagerd…
- The double rainbow in the afternoon
- All the fucking fire during Rammstein’s set. It was like a Dethklok show. I can literally die happy.
- Taking the day off and hanging out with my cat
- Hatching a Pokemon egg while walking to Toyota Park from our parking spot literally the next town over
- Watching KoRn kill their set for the second time in my life
- Not being stuck in the parking lot for over an hour
- Late Night waffles at IHOP with Baby Bro as the couple seated next to us critiqued their Metal weekend and trashed Disturbed
- Changing my opinion of BabyMetal after they yelled “BIGGA CIR-CLL!”, making a hand gesture to signal to the pit to grow wider…they finally sold me.
- GIMMIE CHOCOLATE!!
- Being disappointed in Manson’s pisspoor performance..He’s done way better shows.
- Finding the best kept secret spot of the arena so Baby Bro and I could quickly navigate between watching the 2nd stage from the arena balcony to the main stage
- Watching the 9 guys of Slipknot perform in rhythm flawlessly
- Watching post-spinal surgery Corey Taylor (Bae <3) amp up the charisma
- Riding the Lightning all the way home from ChiTown…crazy storms were brewing during Slipknot’s set
One Reply to “Chicago Open Air: The Recap”